Tips From Your Anaheim Plumber To Maximize Your Hot Water
Your water heater works hard to deliver hot water whenever you need it. You can help extend its life and ensure it functions efficiently with these helpful tips:
- Keep your water heater clean and free of debris. Pay special attention to the burner assembly.
- Add an insulation blanket to help retain heat.
- Inspect the anode rod and replace it if worn. This is a sacrificial rod that corrodes so your water heater doesn’t.
- Regularly open the drain and flush out and sediment that has collected in the bottom of the tank.
- Test your pressure relief valve annually to ensure it is functioning properly.
- Check the body of the heater and the water connections for visible leaks.
- Add a pan beneath the water heater to keep it from damaging the floor. Be sure the pan has a provision for a drain hose.
Follow these tips and save money when heating the water in your home and extend the life of your water heater. If you have any questions, contact the professionals at Owen Plumbing.