Tips For Hiring An Anaheim Plumber
Selecting the right Orange County plumber for your particular job is very important. Like any other purchase, you don’t want to randomly select your plumber from the yellow pages and agree to services without doing your due diligence. Remember, the biggest ad or the highest cost doesn’t necessarily mean high quality and good service.
The single best way to gauge the quality of a plumber is to request referrals from them. If their customers aren’t happy with their work, stay away. You can also ask for referrals from your friends and family and call plumbers that they have had success with. You can also seek out professionals that frequently use plumbers such as apartment managers, general contractors, plumbing supply stores, real estate investors. Be sure to find referrals for the type of work you want to have done as well. New construction is significantly different from remodeling and you want a plumber with the skills tailored for your job.
Here are some other things to keep in mind when looking for a qualified plumber:
- State License – In California, a plumbing license is required to install plumbing unless the property owner is doing the installation in their own single family dwelling. Even then a local permit may be required.
- Insurance – The plumber you select MUST be fully insured. You want a plumber that has worker’s compensation insurance to cover injuries to their employees and liability insurance to cover any damage they may do. Ask to see a copy of their policy before hiring them.
- Better Business Bureau – Much like obtaining referrals, the Better Business Bureau will have records of any complaints filed against your potential plumber.
- How Long Have They Been in Business? – You definitely don’t want a plumber that moves around a lot or has little experience. Find out how long they have been in business to get an idea of their skills and business success.
- Quotes – If you find multiple plumbers meeting your criteria ask two or three of the best for detailed quotes. Be sure the quotes are written and include all labor, materials, payment terms, and any special considerations.
- Permits – If your municipality requires a permit be sure the plumber is taking care of them and that they are included in your quote.
- Is Their Work Guaranteed? – Is the work done guaranteed to be free of defects for a period of time? How long are the component warranties for?
- Clean Up – Be sure to specify that the plumber is required to clean up after they complete their work. You want the work done right but you want the evidence gone when they are.
If you are in the market for a plumber Anaheim, give Owen Plumbing a call. You’ll love our prices and it won’t cost you later.